A Winter’s Tail-Coat (part 2)

January 6, 2013 at 6:57 pm Leave a comment

Decided on which pattern I was going to opt for (Burda 8929) and got the pattern roughly cut out.  I had a chilly 10 mins or so checking measurements just in case (thank you DH) and double checking the ones that didn’t seem right.  It would be much easier if the lines on the picture where I am supposed to measure had corresponding lines on my body.

This morning I got the pattern traced & cut out the traced pieces this evening.  Somehow in the less-than-24-hours since I took the pattern out of the packet I’ve lost piece 16 of 16.  Don’t need it for this coat, but I may next time (I’m skipping the pockets as I want to wear the coat soon so I’m cutting out as much faff as possible.  Anyway pockets are so last season!).

I’ll have to keep this post short.  Partly because I haven’t done any more of the pattern yet, partly because I have to look for my pins, which I have put in a safe place.

Next time (assuming pins are discovered) – fabric pinning/cutting/marking…

 

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Dressmaking. Tags: .

A Winter’s Tail-Coat (part 1) A Winter’s Tail-Coat (part 3)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 32 other followers


%d bloggers like this: